Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What’s Going On With the World

This is just going to be a quick rant about some current events that have taken place over the last couple of days.

Rant #1: Disney purchases Marvel

     Why? Why the hell did this one happen? No good can come from Disney owning Marvel comics and the respective characters. I don’t want to see Mickey Mouse and the Incredible Hulk ever in the same scene. How could Marvel be bought for $4 billion? I think that after Iron Man 2 is out in theaters in May, it might be my last Superhero film for the rest of my life!

Rant #2: A.D.V Films is out of business (http://www.advfilms.com/)

     I’ve just heard of this one and it shocked me completely. The current state of the economy is really hitting companies harder than one would have ever imagined. When Geneon went under people thought that the anime industry in the United States wouldn’t survive but it did. Now with another major player in the U.S anime industry down, the road ahead for anime in the U.S looks extremely bleak!

No comments: